Pénélope Mallard… in Brief
Are you looking for an experienced, creative and engaged translator and writer?
You’ve come to the right place. I can provide you with top-of-the-line translation and writing services.
Experience and expertise
- After settling in Montréal in 1987, working for a well-known translation firm, La Langagerie, until 1991 and going freelance for another 10 years, I set up my own company, Pénélope Mallard Traduction inc., in 2001.
- As part of a broad, professional network, I am a member of Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec (OTTIAQ), the Association des travailleurs autonomes et micro-entreprises en services linguistiques (ATAMESL) and the Network of Translators in Education (NTE).
- I deliver smooth, flowing texts that are accurately translated and creatively written,
- by the deadline we agree on, and
- ensure that your assignment is kept strictly confidential.
- Reliability, flexibility and precision are the hallmarks of the professional service you can expect (extracts).
Love of language and creativity
- The love of language that I bring to the texts I translate or write has evolved over the years: from teaching French as a second language, to translating or adapting texts, revising translations and, now, to writing a variety of documents.
- Involved in creative writing circles for the past several years, I have attended workshops by authors like Marie Clark, Claude Lebrun and, more recently, Hélène Dorion and Fredrick D’Anterny.
Education, past and present
- I have an undergraduate degree in applied foreign languages (English and Russian) and a graduate degree in international trade from Université Paris-Sorbonne.
- To continue broadening my writing skills, I’ve attended training sessions by Magistrad, the Société québécoise de la rédaction professionnelle (SQRP) and the Fédération professionnelle des journalistes du Québec (FPJQ).
- And to keep pace with the latest developments in Web writing, I am completing the graduate program in written communication at the Université de Sherbrooke. I have also taken a Web writing course in the continuing education department at the Université de Montréal, and one-on-one training in SEO and natural referencing at Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup.